Saturday, July 4, 2009

Blood glucose levels

There may be many investigations to diagnose a particular disease.But when it comes to diabetes mellitus, Monitoring blood sugar is the only investigation available as diagnostic criteria for confirming it.

Before you go for a blood sugar investigation, there are few things You should consider before undergoing it. There are some medicines which interfere the blood sugar levels, so make sure you don’t take any medicines at least 48 hrs before the test. If you are taking medicines you cannot afford to avoid, such as cardiac medicines, anti hypertension medicines, then consult your physician. They will confirm the drugs which alter the test results and can stop it or prescribe you an alternative in which case it turns to be a life saving medicines.

Fasting blood sugar is done on morning , nothing should be taken orally after previous day dinner. Make sure you have at least 12 hrs gap between dinner and the test. Post prandial is done 2hrs from the food intake after giving fasting sugar sample. Don’t let food to alter the test results .it should be of easily digestible, should include proper distribution of carbohydrates, proteins.

In case of glucose tolerance test, after fasting sample is taken glucose is administered orally and samples are collected at the interval of 30mins, 60mins and 90mins.

Here are the blood sugar values:


Normal

Fasting: 80mg/dl – 110mg/dl

prandial: 120mg/dl – 140 mg/dl

Diabetes: > 120mg/dl in fasting, >160mg/dl in postprandial


If your blood sugar levels falls between 110-120mg/dl in fasting sample & 140-159mg/dl in post prandial then one must under go GTT ( glucose tolerance test ) to get a clear picture.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete